Wednesday, November 18, 2009

NYX Haul Part 1 - Eye Products

So I mentioned before in an earlier post...
that I had purchased some NYX products
during a previous haul from Cherryculture.com.
Now that I'm done my midterms (finally!!),
I took the time to take some pics of my haul.

Because of the large amount of pics,
I'm separating everything into two posts
with the first being this one on... eye products!
.
.
.
*click on images to enlarge*
My haul of NYX's eye, face and lip products.
.
.
.
To start off, here are the brushes I got:
"The Big One" Brush

Close-up.

This brush really is "the big one".. it's HUGE!
I use this to dust finishing powder
or translucent powder to set my makeup.
It's quick and provides sheer coverage,
perfect for this purpose.
I really like this brush.

 
NYX Professional Powder Brush

 
Close-up.

This brush was just ok. I expected it to be more dense.
I intended to use this to apply bronzer
but it doesn't pick up enough product for my liking.
I would prefer a more dense brush.
NYX Smokie Brush

 
Close-up.

This brush is meant to be used like a blending brush.
However, I bought this to apply my highlight under my brow
since I don't need a fancy brush for that
and this does the job just fine.
I use it with the two shadows I bought below.

NYX Eyeliner Brush

 
Close-up.

I bought this thin synthetic brush
to apply glitter along my bottom lash
and inner corners of my eye
because I didn't want to ruin
my other eyeliner brushes with glitter.



Next, I got two eyeshadows:
NYX Ultimate Pearl Shadow

 
Shade: White Pearl

 
Excellent pigmentation.
White pearl colour as described without obvious glitter.

 
NYX Single Eyeshadow

 
This shade is also called White Pearl.
(I am on the lookout for a good highlight shadow.)

Frosty white colour without obvious glitter particles.

 
Comparison between the two.
Between the two "White Pearl" shades,
I found that NYX Ultimate Shadow
had a stronger pearl white colour than
NYX Single Eyeshadow.
I like both of these shadows
as highlighters and have been
alternating between the two lately.


I also picked up one of NYX's concealers
to replace the one I already used up:
 
NYX Concealer in a Jar



 
Shade: Beige
Packaging reminds me of MAC's Studio Sculpt Concealer.

 
As you can see, it is very creamy in texture.
The yellow tone helps to conceal dark circles under my eyes
and the shade matches perfectly to my skintone
so that I can use this over my pimples and acne scars as well.

 
I swatched this on the back of my arm
which obviously looks more pale than my face.
I have NC25 skintone and this blends in flawlessly.
I really like using this concealer.
Not bad for just $5!

Lastly, for eye products:
 
NYX Glitter Liner
Shades: Blue and Silver
(different from the Candy Glitter Liners
which come with the tassle)

What the wand looks like.

 
These are hardly distinguishable when blended onto your skin
and the blue hue is lost. I was disappointed b/c
I use blue eyeshadows a lot and was
hoping to find a glitter liner to match,
but these liners are a bit too sheer. 
If you want glitter liners with colours that show up,
I'd opt for the NYX Candy Glitter Liners instead.
.
.
.
I'll post up Part 2
of my NYX Haul next
which will be lip and face products!

Stay tuned :)

1 comment:

. said...

Waaah! What a haul! I am still yet to buy anything NYX!Can't wait to see the next part!!

The concealer looks really creamy! And the eyeshadows look so pigmented! Although the glitter liners look very...unpigmented!! >< I think even the Bodyshop ones are more pigmented!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails